1. Akerlof, G.A., and R.J. Shiller. 2015. Phishing for Phools: The Economics of Manipulation and Deception. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
2. Arnott, Richard and J. E. Stiglitz, 1986 "Moral Hazard and Optimal Commodity Taxation,"Journal of Public Economics, 29, pp. 1-2.4
3. Arnott, Richard and J. E. Stiglitz, 1990 "The Welfare Economics of Moral Hazard," in Risk, Information and Insurance: Essays in the Memory of Karl H. Borch, H. Louberge (ed.), Norwell:Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 91-122.
4. Arnott, R., B. Greenwald, and J.E. Stiglitz. 1994. "Information and Economic Efficiency." Information Economics and Policy 6(1): 77-82.
5. Blackstone, B., M. Karnitschnig, & R. Thomson. 2012. "Europe's banker talks tough Draghi says continent's social model is 'gone,' won't backtrack on austerity." Wall Street Journal. Retrieved from http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203960804577241221244896782
6. Barth, Erling, Karl O. Moene, and Fredrik Willumsen. 2015. "The Scandinavian model—An interpretation," Journal of Public Economics, 127(July), pp. 60-72.
7. Case, A., and A. Deaton. 2015. "Rising morbidity and mortality in midlife among white nonHispanic Americans in the 21st century." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 1-6.
8. Case, A., and A. Deaton, 2017. "Mortality and morbidity in the 21st century." Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Spring 2017.
9. Chang, Ha-Joon. 1999. "The Economic Theory of the Developmental State." In Meredith Woo-Cumings (ed.), The Developmental State, 192-99, Ithaca, NY: Cornall University Press.
10. B. Chapman, T. Higgins, and J. E. Stiglitz (eds.). 2014. Income Contingent Loans: Theory, Practice and Prospects, Houndmills, UK and New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
11. Cingano, F. 2014. "Trends in Income Inequality and its Impact on Economic Growth." OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers, 163. Paris, France: OECD Publishing.
12. Council of Economic Advisers. 2016. The Annual Report of the Council of Economic Advisers. In Executive Office of the President, Economic Report of the President (2016). Washington: U.S. Government Publishing Office. Retrieved from https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/ERP-2016/pdf/ERP-2016.pdf
13. Dabla-Norris, M. E., M.K. Kochhar, M. N. Suphaphiphat, M. F. Ricka, & E. Tsounta. 2015. "Causes and consequences of income inequality: a global perspective." IMF Staff Discussion Notes, 15/13.
14. Diamond, P.A., 1967. "The Role of a Stock Market in a General Equilibrium Model with Technological Uncertainty," American Economic Review, 57(4), pp. 759-776.
15. Diamond, P.A., 1971. "A Model of Price Adjustment," Journal of Economic Theory, 3(2), pp. 156-168.
16. Geanakoplos, J., and H. Polemarchakis. 1986. "Existence, regularity, and constrained suboptimality of competitive allocations when the asset market is incomplete." In W. P. Heller, R. M. Starr, D. A. Starrett (Eds.), Uncertainty, information and communication: essays in honor of KJ Arrow, Vol. 3, pp. 65-96, Cambridge, UK:Cambridge University Press.
17. Greenwald, Bruce & J. E. Stiglitz. 1986. "Externalities in Economies with Imperfect Information and Incomplete Markets." Quarterly Journal of Economics 101(2): 229-264.
18. Greenwald, Bruce & J. E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Pareto Inefficiency of Market Economies: Search and Efficiency Wage Models." American Economic Review 78(2): 351-355.
19. Hoff, K. and J. E. Stiglitz. 2010. "Equilibrium Fictions: A Cognitive Approach to Societal Rigidity." American Economic Review 100(2): 141-146. Shortened version of Policy Research Working Paper 5219 (same title), The World Bank Development Research Group, (2010, Feb). Accessible at http://elibrary.worldbank.org/docserver/download/5219.pdf?expires=1304012730&id=id&accname=guest&checksum=5428C2B3013CF8ECBB54953BAC3F328C
20. Hoff, K. and J. E. Stiglitz, 2016 "Striving for Balance in Economics: Towards a Theory of the Social Determination of Behavior," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Issue 126 (June), pp. 25–57.
21. Orszag, P. and J. E. Stiglitz. 2001. "Rethinking Pension Reform: Ten Myths About Social Security Systems." In R. Holman and J. E. Stiglitz (Eds.), New Ideas About Old Age Security, 17-56, Washington, DC: World Bank.
22. Mazzucato, M. 2015. The Entrepreneurial State: Debunking Public vs. Private Sector Myths. London: Anthem Press.
23. Moene, K. O. 2013. "Scandinavian Equality: A Prime Example of Protection Without Protectionism." In M. Kaldor and J. E. Stiglitz (Eds.), The Quest for Security: Protection without Protectionism and the Challenge of Global Governance, New York: Columbia University Press, 48-74.
24. Ostry, M. J. D., M. A. Berg, & M. C. G. Tsangarides. 2014. "Redistribution, inequality, and growth." IMF Staff Discussion Notes, 14/2.
25. Putnam, R. D. 2000. Bowling Alone: The Collapse and Revival of American Community. New York: Simon & Schuster.
26. 2015. Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis. New York: Simon & Schuster.
27. Rawls, John. 1971. A Theory of Justice. Cambridge, Mass.: Belknap Press of Harvard University Press.
28. Rothschild, M. & J. E. Stiglitz. 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information,"Quarterly Journal of Economics 90(4): 629-649.
29. Shapiro, C. and J. E. Stiglitz. 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device." American Economic Review 74(3): 433-444.
30. Stiglitz, J. E., 1973. "Education and Inequality." Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Sciences 409: 135-145.
31. Stiglitz, J. E., 1974. "Demand for Education in Public and Private School Systems." Journal of Public Economics 2: 349-386.
32. Stiglitz, J. E., 1975. "The Theory of Screening, Education and the Distribution of Income." American Economic Review 65(3): 283-300. Reprinted in Selected Works of Joseph E. Stiglitz, Volume I: Information and Economic Analysis, 2009, pp. 99-121, Oxford: Oxford University Press.
33. Stiglitz, J. E., 1977. "Theory of Local Public Goods." In M. S. Feldstein & R. P. Inman (Eds.), The Economics of Public Services, 274-333. London, UK: MacMillan Press. (Paper presented to IEA Conference, Turin, 1974.).
34. Stiglitz, J. E., 1982 "The Inefficiency of the Stock Market Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, 49(2), April 1982, pp. 241-261.
35. Stiglitz, J. E.,1988. "On the Market for Principles of Economics Textbooks: Innovation and Product Differentiation." Journal of Economic Education 19(2): 171-177.
36. Stiglitz, J. E., 1993a. "Perspectives on the Role of Government Risk-Bearing within the Financial Sector." In M. Sniderman (Ed.), Government Risk-Bearing, 109-130, Norwell, MA: Kluwer Academic Publishers. (Paper prepared for Conference on Government Risk Bearing, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, May 1991.)
37. Stiglitz, J. E., 1993b. "Remarks on Inequality, Agency Costs, and Economic Efficiency," prepared for a workshop in "Economic Theories of Inequality," Stanford Institute for Theoretical Economics, Stanford University, March 11-13, 1993.
38. Stiglitz, J. E., 1994a. Whither Socialism? Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
39. Stiglitz, J. E., 1998. "Pareto Efficient Taxation and Expenditure Policies, With Applications to the Taxation of Capital, Public Investment, and Externalities," presented at conference in honor of Agnar Sandmo, Bergen, January 1998.
40. Stiglitz, J. E., 2010. Freefall: America, Free Markets, and the Sinking of the World Economy. New York: W. W. Norton.
41. Stiglitz, J. E., 2012. The Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers Our Future. New York: W. W. Norton.
42. Stiglitz, J. E., 2013. "Social Protection without Protectionism." In M. Kaldor and J. E. Stiglitz (Eds.), The Quest for Security: Protection without Protectionism and the Challenge of Global Governance, 24-47, New York: Columbia University Press.
43. Stiglitz, J. E., 2015a. "The Origins of Inequality, and Policies to Contain It." National Tax Journal 68(2): 425-448.
44. Stiglitz, J. E., 2015b. "Leaders and Followers: Perspectives on the Nordic Model and the Economics of Innovation." Journal of Public Economics 127(July): 3-16.
45. Stiglitz, J. E., 2016a. The Euro. New York: W.W. Norton.
46. Stiglitz, J. E., 2016b. "The Theory of Credit and Macro-economic Stability." NBER Working Paper 22837, November 2016 and in a forthcoming volume, "Development Policy in a Globalised World: Recent Trends, Theories and Lessons", in honor of Deepak Nayyar.
47. Stiglitz, J. E., 2016c. "In Praise of Frank Ramsey's Contribution to the Theory of Taxation." Economic Journal 125(583): 235-268 and NBER Working Paper 20530, October 2014.
48. Stiglitz, J. E., 2017, "Macro-economic Management in an Electronic Credit/Financial System", NBER Working Paper 23032, January.
49. Stiglitz, J.E, Nell Abernathy, Adam Hersh, Susan Holmberg and Mike Konczal. 2015. Rewriting the Rules of the American Economy, A Roosevelt Institute Book. New York: W.W. Norton.
50. Stiglitz, J. E. & J. Yun., 2005 "The Integration of Unemployment Insurance with Retirement Insurance," Journal of Public Economics, 89 pp. 2037-2067.
51. Stiglitz, J. E. & J. Yun., 2013, "Optimality and Equilibrium in a Competitive Insurance Market under Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard,", NBER Working Paper 19317, August.
52. Stiglitz, J. E. & J. Yun., 2014. "Income Contingent Loans for the Unemployed: A Prelude to a General Theory of the Efficient Provision of Social Insurance." In J. E. Stiglitz, B. Chapman & T. Higgins (Eds.), Income Contingent Loans: Theory, Practice and Prospects,180-204, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
53. Stiglitz, J. E. & J. Yun., 2017. "Income Contingent Loan as an Unemployment Benefit." Columbia University working paper.
54. Sunstein, Cass. 2016. "People Prefer System 2 Nudges (Kind Of)." July 19, 2016. Duke Law Journal 66: 121.
55. Sunstein, Cass & Richard H. Thaler, Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness (Yale Univ. Press 2008).
56. Tobin, J. 1970. "On limiting the domain of inequality." The Journal of Law & Economics 13(2): 263-277.
57. World Bank. 2015. World Development Report 2015: Mind, Society, and Behavior. Washington, D.C.: The World Bank.